By Jaala Taylor
When we got married we were told to keep these five things in mind as we walk alongside one another for the rest of our lives...
1. Anchor your marriage in the hope of Jesus Christ. Nothing else will sustain you or your relationship—not each other, not your children, not your careers, etc.
2. Your goal each day should be to love and serve your spouse in a way that reminds them how much God loves them.
3. Whether you like it or not, your marriage is a ministry. So for the rest of your lives, much of the rapport you build and the impact you make in the lives of other people will be made based on how they see you treat your spouse.
4. If and when you have children, the best thing you can do for your children is to love your spouse.
5. While God will use other people to help your children grow, don't expect someone else to be responsible for introducing them to Jesus.
We are so thankful we have been surrounded by (and discipled to by) great leaders—people who have helped us keep the main thing the main thing, as we have become a family of three. Whether you are in a season of singleness, currently courting someone, in an exciting engagement, or happily married, I hope these five pieces of wisdom encourage you along.
Now, it's back to this new mom thing. I'm currently looking for someone who can tell me who I am, where I'm at, and what day it is. The struggle is real, but it is oh so worth it! :)
*Disclaimer: Due to the volume of traffic visiting this site, this blog may generate ad income and accept advertising links.